Skip to main content

Walk EP - Grayson/Reed

And onto our next review! Another EP for you now, also a debut! This time it's the turn of Christian husband and wife duo, Grayson/Reed. They started recording music together in 2016 and hail from Nashville, USA. We're not religious people ourselves, but music is universal, no matter what your beliefs. With that, let's proceed, and see what they have in store for us.

Here's a quick recap of how we structure our ratings:


1 - Shouldn't have been recorded
2 - Filler
3 - Above average filler
4 - Killer
5 - Career defining masterpiece





Track 01 - Walk

John - 3.5/5

Tilly - 3.5/5

Track 02 - Bloom

John - 3/5

Tilly - 4/5

Track 03 - Fight For You

John - 5/5

Tilly - 4/5

Track 04 - Can't Get Enough

John - 3/5

Tilly - 3/5

Track 05 - Be Revealed

John - 2.5/5

Tilly - 3/5

Track 06 - How This Ends

John - 4/5

Tilly - 4/5





Conclusion


John - I was not expecting this! What a well produced and well written EP. Grayson/Reed possess two incredible voices that go together perfectly. I happen to have given both the highest and lowest scores in this review (maybe due to the amount of coffee I have consumed prior to listening) - the lowest to Be Revealed, which was okay but a little unremarkable compared to the other tracks on the EP. The highest, however, was only my second 5 star song. And boy was it deserved. The vocal harmonies are absolutely incredible on Fight For You, the instrumental is faultless, and the lyrics are beautiful. I honestly cannot find even the tiniest weakness. I couldn't not give it 5 stars.

I am definitely looking forward to what these guys have in store for us next. They have so much potential, it's astounding. The vocals, the production, the lyricism on show, the catchy-ness.. Everything points to more great music coming our way. Grayson/Reed are one to watch, no matter what genre you're into, whether you're a religious person or not. Check them out, now.

Overall - 4/5

Tilly - I've been in charge of plucking out the records to review at the moment, and I think I uncovered a gem here. I wanted something a little different, and this was hailed as a Christian worship album everywhere I looked so I wrote it down on our list. Like we said previously, we're not religious but no matter what your beliefs may be, that shouldn't stop you from listening to excellent music. And that is what Grayson/Reed's EP is. Their vocal harmonies are mesmerising, and I could listen to their voices for hours on end, their lyrics are strong and the production is phenomenal. It's more country pop than anything, and it's easy to listen to and will have you singing along as soon as you first hear the chorus'. I cannot wait for a full release from this duo and I sure hope they tour the UK because I'll definitely be getting tickets. 

Overall - 4/5

Comments

Most popular.

The Colorado Sessions EP - Olivia Rudeen

Originally from Denver in Colorado, Olivia Rudeen followed her dreams to Nashville to become a songwriter. She's since had songs featured in an ABC series, and judging by her social media, continuously plays shows to showcase her music. Without further ado, let's see what Olivia has to offer with her new EP.  You should know the drill by now but take a look at our ratings system if you haven't already!  1 - Shouldn't have been recorded 2 - Filler 3 - Above average 4 - Killer 5 - Career defining masterpiece Track 01 - Weathervane John - 4/5 Tilly - 4.5/5 Track 02 - Away John - 4.5/5 Tilly - 4/5 Track 03 - Dear Love [Feat. Chris Webb] John - 3.5/5 Tilly - 3.5/5 Track 04 - Pretty In Everything John - 4.5/5 Tilly - 4/5 Conclusion John -  Let me just say how much of a fan I am of this girl's songwriting ability... She is such a breath of fresh air. Simply and beautifully put together lyric...

Divide (÷) - Ed Sheeran

For our first review today, we thought we'd start with arguably the biggest release of the year so far... Yes, it's Sheeran. We've both had a love/hate relationship with the guy over the years, mainly due to him being overplayed to death by the British media. But at the same time, it's hard to deny that he is one of the most successful and pioneering singer songwriters of the last 5 years. With Divide, we can only expect that to continue.. So, enough of the chit chat. Let's dive in. Here's our ratings system: 1 - Shouldn't have been recorded 2 - Filler 3 - Above average filler 4 - Killer 5 - Career defining masterpiece Track 01 - Eraser John - 3/5 Tilly - 2.5/5 Track 02 - Castle on the Hill John - 4/5 Tilly - 4/5 Track 03 - Dive John - 2.5/5 Tilly - 2/5 Track 04 - Shape of You John - 4/5 Tilly - 3.5/5 Track 05 - Perfect John - 3/5 Tilly - 3/5 Track 06 - Galway Girl Joh...

Something To Tell You - HAIM

Our apologies for the massive delay in posting a new review but we're back! We've been in the process of moving home for the last month or so and unfortunately haven't had the time to listen to new music. However, we have an extensive list of upcoming releases that we're excited to get to, as well as albums that were released during our brief departure, so without waiting any longer, here is our review of indie pop/rock trio Haim's latest release Something To Tell You.  Since we've been away for ages - and it's just what we do! - here's a refresher of our ratings system.  1 - Shouldn't have been recorded 2 - Filler 3 - Above average 4 - Killer 5 - Career defining masterpiece Track 01 - Want You Back John - 4/5 Tilly - 4/5 Track 02 - Nothing's Wrong John - 3/5 Tilly - 3.5/5 Track 03 - Little Of Your Love John - 3.5/5 Tilly - 3.5/5 Track 04 - Ready For You John - 3/5 Tilly - 3...